- 600 g potatoes
- 1 middle sized onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- a bunch of swiss/rainbow chard
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt, pepper
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 3 middle sized tomatoes
- 2 tbsps pine nuts
- 150 g crème légère or sour cream
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into small cubes and cook in salted water for about 15 minutes or until done.
- Peel and finely dice onion and garlic. Wash the chard. Chop leaves and stems separately into strips.
- Heat up oil in a large pot. Saute onion and garlic. Add the chard stems and let them stew briefly, spice with salt and pepper. Stirr in the broth and bring it to boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pot and let the soup simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Wash the tomatoes and dice into fine cubes. Add the tomatoes along with the chard strips to the soup and let it simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
- Roast the pine nuts in a pan without oil, then take them out.
- Refine the soup with crème légère or sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Drain the potatoes and add to the soup.
- Before serving sprinkle with pine nuts and shredded parmesan.