I discovered this recipe once in a French cookbook. The grilling season starts again and a slice of this butter tastes excellent on a grilled steak.
Homemade Herb Butter
- 1/2 garlic clove
- salt (who likes can use Fleur de Sel)
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1tsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp tarragon
- 150 g soft butter
- coarsely ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Peel and chop the garlic. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt on a board and crush it with the flat knife blade until it becomes a mousse and add with the herbs to the butter.
- Combine everything with a fork, season with salt, pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Place the butter in a strip on parchment paper or clear food wrap and use it to form a roll. Then place the butter in the refrigerator.